[SOLVED] Repeater TP-LINK TL-WA850RE do not connect

darien92

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
Good evening,

I bought the above repeater, however it only connects to the ASUS RT-AC68U router if the router's MAC filter is disabled, even by putting the repeater MAC address in the filter. Does anyone know how to do to connect it by keeping the filter on?

Solution
Good evening,

I bought the above repeater, however it only connects to the ASUS RT-AC68U router if the router's MAC filter is disabled, even by putting the repeater MAC address in the filter. Does anyone know how to do to connect it by keeping the filter on?
The repeater has multiple MAC addresses. Does the Asus log show MAC addresses that are rejected?
OR, what MAC address is shown when it DOES connect with filtering disabled? Probably just the last digit is different than what you thought it should be.

kanewolf

Titan
Good evening,

The repeater has multiple MAC addresses. Does the Asus log show MAC addresses that are rejected?
OR, what MAC address is shown when it DOES connect with filtering disabled? Probably just the last digit is different than what you thought it should be.

Solution

darien92

Distinguished
Jun 21, 2012
Actually the repeater had another MAC address (shown when the filter has been disabled). I registered this other address and worked. Thanks.