repeating BIOS update

jamie1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013
I have recently purchased an ASUS P9X79 motherboard with i7 3820 CPU for my computer and am having some trouble setting it up. When pressing the power button it goes through a sequence of LED's starting with the DRAM LED then the CPU LED, PCIe LED and finally the BOOT DEVICE LED where the monitor begins displaying. Firstly i get the POST screen for about 30 seconds but it does not let me access the BIOS setup when pressing either F2 or DEL then it goes straight to an automatic BIOS update. the BIOS update takes about 3 hours to complete then the computer shuts down and when turned on continues to carry out the exact same process again. please help me i have been trying to get this computer to work for a few days now and had no luck after trying all the obvious things such as reseting CMOS and running a BIOS flashback, i've taken everything out and put it back together again. thank you

jamie1

Honorable
Apr 9, 2013

no i just downoaded the most recent .cap bios file that is cmpatible with my mtherboard anddid a flashback