Question Repetitive weird device disconnect/connect sound Windows 10

Artaherzadeh

Reputable
May 17, 2019
Hi
Since I installed Win 10 on SSD my system is playing a device disconnect and connect sound.
  1. My system ( MB, Graphic card, CPU, SSD ) is new.
  2. I installed Win 10 on WD SSD. This is the first time I install Windows on SSD and I didn't have this problem before. ( Last week I installed Windows on my HDD and never heard this sound )
  3. The sound repeats every few minutes ( about every 3-5 min ). The weird thing is I only hear this sound when Windows turns my monitor off ( Power saving ). My monitor is connected to motherboard VGA port not graphic card.
  4. There is a disconnect and immidietly connect sound.
  5. I checked my mouse, keyboard and D-Link wifi adaptor. Everything works fine.
Any suggestions ? Is this a Windows bug ? My OS is updated. Is one of my hardwares like motherboard ports broken ?
The voice is annoying. I can mute my PC or disable connect/disconnect sound but I want to find the problem and I want to be sure that it's not related to my MB. Is it possible that Windows detects my monitor as a device because I connected it to MB not Graphic card ? I only hear this when monitor is sleep. ( Not off. I have to move my mouse to turn it on. )

Thanks

Sound : https://drive.google.com/open?id=1npYLVMIHfxIljSGmDgn8hApZ8vnoEHXS ( Google Drive can't play it. Download it. [ It's Windows disconnect/connect sound ] )

Last edited:

Artaherzadeh

Reputable
May 17, 2019
Update : I found the device causing this connect disconnect sound. It was my monitor. When it’s connected to the MB VGA port, After 10 min the OS turns it off for saving power then I hear disconnect connect sound repeatedly. No more sound after I unplugged the monitor cable.