Replace and Upgrade Wifi Card (on Lenovo V110 14-IAP)

May 2, 2018
(I really difficult for now to create this thread because an faulty browser there):eek::eek::eek:
I want to replace current Wifi card (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 3165) because it got broken on aux (bluetooth) socket on it, so I can't attach antenna on it. I also consider to upgrade to more powerful Wifi Card (Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265) with same socket (M.2 2230). But I just heard that replacing Wifi card on Lenovo laptop, the code on Wifi card it must same with the factory. I also don't know it's right or not. What about your suggestion???

There is always a chance that other components will fail over time. However, since the Wifi has already failed and there isn't an internal replacement available, unless you go through Lenovo, there isn't anything to worry about leaving it in the computer and it causing something else to fail. Just go into Device Manager and disable the internal card and use an external USB 3.0 Wifi adapter.

May 2, 2018

Very many replacement are available for my Wifi card. Using USB 3.0 Wifi is not good solution because it just have 1 USB 3.0 and 1 USB 2.0. USB 2.0 always used for sound card replacement (because IC sound card on my laptop is completely broken) and USB 3.0 often used for flashdisks.

Then you just have to be careful when you replace it and follow the directions on disassembling the laptop. You can usually find those directions online and I would recommend looking at them before purchasing anything as there is always the possibility that the laptop cannot be changed.

May 2, 2018

I just really sure that upgrading to Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 7265 is compatible, because it has same brand, same socket, same code-name, same antenna layout, and same size. But I just better go to store than I buy it online to ensure it's working properly. By the way, which is better? 802.11ac or 802.11agn capability?

May 2, 2018

That's really right. i bought this laptop only because of capability of Dual Band Wifi. But don't worry, my HDD still very good for now. I just an compact notebook like Asus E402W but the pricetag still high and it hasn't capable with Dual Band Wifi. By the way, thank you for your suggest me to search new notebook (not laptop).