Question Replace broken laptop screen or buy a new monitor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HarryMaci

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
As of yesterday my laptops (HP 15-bw004nv) screen is broken. I've plugged the HDMI cable and connected my laptop with the TV and that's how i'm using it now.

I'm thinking what would be preferable? Buy a new monitor or replace the broken screen? If i want to buy a monitor, what should i pay attention to before buying?

HarryMaci

Reputable
Apr 19, 2020
As of yesterday my laptops (HP 15-bw004nv)screen is broken. I've plugged the HDMI cable and connected my laptop with the TV and that's how i'm using it now.

I'm thinking what would be preferable? Buy a new monitor or replace the broken screen? If i want to buy a monitor, what should i pay attention to before buying?

mangaman

Honorable
It's hard to find the exact model number for your screen replacement, but they usually go for $40-60. Now the question is will this laptop be portable, or just stay at home and just be stationary?

If you need it to be portable and on the go, then yes. Replacing that screen would be wise.

If it's just stationary and just stays at home, then it's your call on what you want to do. I would fix the screen regardless, so I can use a monitor or TV as a secondary display.

Status
Not open for further replies.