Replace core 2 duo with quad

Aug 15, 2018
I have an Intel Core 2 Duo e7500 with An AMD R5 230 1gbGpu and a 2gb ram what if I replace core 2 duo with Core2Quad q6600 and 4gb ram.

How much will the performance Increase??

Solution
The RAM will improve the everyday performance more than the CPU. The E7500 has a higher base clock speed than the Q6600. But games that can use more than two cores will benefit from the additional CPU resources. There is no simple answer on "how much increase?" because it will depend on the software you are running.

I would recommend doing the RAM increase and even an SSD swap if you can. See how that works, then swap the CPU at a later time. You will be able to see which things impact your performance most.

kanewolf

Titan
The RAM will improve the everyday performance more than the CPU. The E7500 has a higher base clock speed than the Q6600. But games that can use more than two cores will benefit from the additional CPU resources. There is no simple answer on "how much increase?" because it will depend on the software you are running.

I would recommend doing the RAM increase and even an SSD swap if you can. See how that works, then swap the CPU at a later time. You will be able to see which things impact your performance most.

Solution
Aug 15, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from himanshugangwal12 : "I Need Help"

How do i increase my gaming performance on my pc with core2d e8600 ?