Question Replace DDR5 5200 MHZ for DDR5 5600 MHZ RAM

Sep 17, 2022
I want to buy a laptop that has 16 GB DDR5 5200 mhz and I want to replace those sticks for x2 16 GB DDR5 5600 mhz. Is that possible because of the frequency difference?

Thanks in advance!

Sep 17, 2022
depends on the motherboard of the laptop and what it can handle. you'll have to look at the specs of the specific model you wish to buy and see what it can and can't take.
I've looked at the specs of the laptop and I couldn't find any information regarding the possibility of supporting 5600 mhz RAM

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
the spec sheet seems to imply that 64 gb of 5200 is the most it can take. but i can't verify that with the manual or anything else. manual does not go into BIOS features so can't even check to see what kind of oc settings are there for the system.

i don't see the motherboard model number listed anywhere either to look from that direction. finally i don't see any reviews for it to see if they speak about upgrading the memory. looks like it it likely topping out at 5200 speed. but honestly from 5200 to 5600 is not that big of a jump anyway.

looks like you'd have to buy it and then look for the mobo model to do one last search looking for the info to see if it can handle any faster memory

Sep 17, 2022
the spec sheet seems to imply that 64 gb of 5200 is the most it can take. but i can't verify that with the manual or anything else. manual does not go into BIOS features so can't even check to see what kind of oc settings are there for the system.

i don't see the motherboard model number listed anywhere either to look from that direction. finally i don't see any reviews for it to see if they speak about upgrading the memory. looks like it it likely topping out at 5200 speed. but honestly from 5200 to 5600 is not that big of a jump anyway.

looks like you'd have to buy it and then look for the mobo model to do one last search looking for the info to see if it can handle any faster memory
No worries! I think i'll stick to x2 16 GB 5200 mhz just to be sure. Thanks! :)