Replace Gateway FX541S MOBO LGA 775

Ed B

Honorable
Sep 18, 2013
My FX541S MOBO & PSU Melted together at the 24 pin connector, both ends at 3.3V I bought a corsair HX850 PSU and now I am searching out the best LG775 MOBO.
I've already looked at a few MOBO's such as the expensive Intel DX48BT2 Extreme Series X48 at $200.00 to the Gigabyte G41MT-S2PT LGA 775 G41 at $80.00.
I don't want ASrock but Intel, ASUS or Gigabyte are fine.
The Intel DP45SG Extreme Series P45 is the only one that increases the PCiE x16 for my Radeon HD5770 to 2.0 up from the nominal 1.0.
I was hoping that someone more in the know could give me some advice and info to lead me in the right direction.
I was going to get a Z87 Sabertooth and a I7-4770K but at almost $600.00 plus my PSU I'd be at almost $800.00 and that put me back onto a more sideways fix right now.
If I could find a MOBO for around $100.00 I could be back and running for under 300.
Help....Thanks
Bud

Solution
Your Gateway uses a Form Factor BTX motherboard. The BTX Form Factor was not widely adopted. Initially, only Gateway and Dell offered computers with the new format, later HP and Fujitsu-SIEMENS (now Fujitsu) also offered some BTX-based computers. However, most other manufacturers stayed with the ATX standard, and even the handful of manufacturers who did adopt BTX for some products continued to produce the bulk of their machines with the ATX form factor.

I would suggest you buy a bare ATX mid-tower or ATX mini-tower for your build.
http://www.newegg.com/Computer-Cases/SubCategory/ID-7?Order=PRICE
Your Gateway uses a Form Factor BTX motherboard. The BTX Form Factor was not widely adopted. Initially, only Gateway and Dell offered computers with the new format, later HP and Fujitsu-SIEMENS (now Fujitsu) also offered some BTX-based computers. However, most other manufacturers stayed with the ATX standard, and even the handful of manufacturers who did adopt BTX for some products continued to produce the bulk of their machines with the ATX form factor.

I would suggest you buy a bare ATX mid-tower or ATX mini-tower for your build.
http://www.newegg.com/Computer-Cases/SubCategory/ID-7?Order=PRICE

Solution