Question Replace PSU for Medion Akoya P5319H

Apr 12, 2022
Hi. I have been wanting to change my PSU for a while, because I am planning to upgrade the GPU and it was making some noises I didn't like. Last week the PSU got toasted, so that is solved. I need to replace it.

So, my system is a Medion AKOYA P5319 H and the original PSU is the discontinued FSP450-40EMDM. This PSU has two oddities:

• It says it has two +12V rails
  • It has a non-standard 14 pin connector for the motherboard

I have found that there are conversion cables from 24 to 14 pin, so that doesn't seem to be a problem, but I am not sure if they will work for me because I could not find the manuals for the motherboard or the PSU.

I am lost at this moment, so I will welcome any help to narrow down my research.

Satan-IR

Splendid
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums!

What is inside the case? Motherboard, CPU, RAM.

Or do you have a link to the product page for the system?
This link is what I found for MEDION AKOYA P5319 G and not MEDION AKOYA P5319 H:
https://www.notebooksbilliger.de/medion+akoya+p5319+g+intel+core+i5+4440+4x310ghz

If the system has proprietary connectors as you said (PSU / motherboard) you might have to go back to the manufacturere-supplier to get proper PSU or get converters but it can be kind of tricky to find the right ones or to make sure they work.

What GPU you're planning to get?

Apr 12, 2022
Thank you for your message.

The link you provide is not my system. I have also looked for my model number and I have got no results.

A problem I have with MEDION is that they do not provide enough information. Last time I buy from this brand.

This is what I can see in the box:

CPU Intel Core i7-4790 3.60GHz
2x 8 GB DDR3-SDRAM
I also have 3HDs (1 SSD and 2 magnetic)

I believe the motherboard is proprietary, and the GPU is a GTX 745, but it is hard to tell.

I was planning to buy a GTX 1160 or similar. It is something I also wanted to research on this forum.