[SOLVED] Replace switches or buy a new mouse ?

Chance1525

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2015
I have a Razer Hyperflux Mamba and the switches are starting to double click and loses the hold on mouse one and the grips have lost its stickiness and are starting to peel. Also mouse 3 does not work at all but the scroll does. I see that Razer has discontinued the HyperFlux series and Razer support is no help do to the warranty being expired. I don't really care to fix the mouse since it is discontinued. So I'm realistically looking to replace the mouse but I'm not against the idea of fixing it. I've only used Razer mice so I'm not too sure on whether to switch brands or just keep with Razer. I'm looking for the closest fit as the Mamba as possible without it feeling awkward. Thanks for any input or suggestions you guys have!

Solution
I've used a number of Razer peripherals and the bottom line for me has been that their gear are all sold based off of marketing and hype, with lackluster quality in their gear for a premium price tag. If you have the patience, I'd try and repair the mouse since you can source mouse switches, skid pads as well as the side grips for your afflicted mouse off of Aliexpress/Amazon/Ebay...or so that's what my quick search has landed me to think.

Lutfij

Titan
I've used a number of Razer peripherals and the bottom line for me has been that their gear are all sold based off of marketing and hype, with lackluster quality in their gear for a premium price tag. If you have the patience, I'd try and repair the mouse since you can source mouse switches, skid pads as well as the side grips for your afflicted mouse off of Aliexpress/Amazon/Ebay...or so that's what my quick search has landed me to think.

Reactions: Rexer
Solution

Rexer

Distinguished
I do repair my mice if I like them. My rule of thumb is always have at least two mice/keyboards and moitors available.
I did mod and repair jobs on three of my gaming mice. No point in spending cash on another bogus gaming mouse that burns out after 6 or 7 months. The first job I did was replace the (double-click) Omron switches in a Logitech 305 wireless. Found Kailh switches on Ebay. You need minimal patience to unsolder and solder them in. Then I purchased a AA battery sleeve to use super AAA lithium. The made the G 305 lighter and better balanced. On Ebay, you can find new sliders (feet) at fairly reasonable prices.

The most difficult mouse I repaired was the Cougar Revenger 'S' wired mouse. I wanted this mouse because it was 1 of 2 mice with a 2000 hz polling rate. Only the Razer Viper is higher. (I own them both). I replaced the cord, switches and scroll wheel. The cord wires were color coded so it was a matter of finding a cord with the same key slot connector.
Switches are the same Kailh replacements and the scroll wheel was a prioritized RGB that broke under scrolling for a weapon. Cougar discontinued the Revenger'S' and no replacement parts were available. A generic scroll wheel had to turned on a drill press, sanded and buffed. Couldn't use the RGB LED built inside it but that was only a minor league formality.
Bought the Revenger 'S' in Jul 2018 repaired it 2021. $60 mouse. Good fps mouse. Who's complaining?

TRENDING THREADS