Replace Wi-Fi adapter for Asus Z97-Deluxe

Jul 22, 2018
Since the Wi-Fi adapter inbuilt in the Asus Z97-Deluxe/USB3.1 is lack of latest specification. (not support 80MHz on 5G at least) I am looking for replace the wifi card with another one.

With a little screw removed at the back of motherboard, I took off the "Wi-Fi Go!" dongle, it is a Boardcom (can't remember the model) mini PCIe adapter.

Can I replace this adapter with any other mini PCIe network adapters and it still works?

Update:
I took off the dongle again, the Wireless adapter originally bundled with the motherboard is Boardcom BCM94352HMB Mini PCIe adapter.

I do noticed when I am connected to the Wireless, a green light on my motherboard will turn on, with bluetooth connected a blue light will turn on. If I used another adapter and that adapter works, will the lights still functioning?

Jul 22, 2018
I just post my answer for my thread myself as I made a test drive.

Yes - You can add any Wi-Fi Dongle which uses Mini PCIe as socket and it still works like a charm.

and lights will NOT working - you use another network adapter, light will remain off even you has been connected to the network.

I used a NGFF to Mini-PCIe adapter to adapt an Intel AC-9260 as Mini-PCIe, replaced the BCM94352 with it and everything works fine.