Question Replaced a bad gpu, now there is no display

idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
So i made a new pc build and the pc worked fine first boot, but the old gpu (rx 6600) drivers kept crashing so I couldn't even use the PC. So I returned the card and got a rtx 2060, but now the display doesn't even work.

I tried resetting the cmos and still no display. The PC turns on fans working for everything, but the display doesn't work.

Any idea of what is the issue?

CPU: ryzen 5 4500
Mobo: ASUS prime B550M-A AC
old gpu: amd 6600
gpu: 2060
psu: coolermaster 500w

May 29, 2022
Check your ram to make sure it’s secure and check all lose cables make sure gpu has the power connected and check to see if you got the hdmi or dp plugged into the Gpu not motherboard

idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
yea, my ram is in, I didn't even move it since changing the gpu, but I just took it out and made sure its in.
The power to the gpu is also on perfectly and the hdmi is in the gpu slot.
I really don't know why it doesn't work. The gpu, cpu and case fans are all running but nothing is on the display.
Should I test the gpu on my other PC? (is it ok to connect a 2060 onto a system that uses 3060, without using ddu)

idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
it could of been since you didn’t DDU before removing the card have you tried a cmos reset ?

yea i did a cmos reset. I waited like 5 minutes before putting the battery back in. Regarding ddu, my drivers kept on crashing so bad on my old gpu that i couldn't even login to windows or use chrome before my screen went black, so I couldn't even download ddu.

idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
Could be a junk PSU. You'd have to provide the model rather than just the brand and wattage. Cooler Master sells a few competent ones and a whole lot of garbage ones. At precisely 500W, it's most likely the latter.

Yea this psu''s molex cable might've been the problem. The +4 pin is like a little bit above the 20 pin so it doesn't fit perfectly level because of how the cable is. But i just took it out and put it back in and tried to get to be as much inside as it could, now it works. I shoulda just bought a better psu probably.

idkX4F1

Honorable
Jun 27, 2017
this setup is too infuriating

Had to redownload windows onto my drive and my pc still doesn't boot sometimes if there is usb keyboard connected. Sometimes it does. Now I keep getting stuck at the motherboard logo screen. And my display connection keeps getting cut out. The one time I loaded into windows, I restarted the pc, now I can't get to windows bruh.

Last edited by a moderator: