Question Replaced CMOS battery, now hard drive shows as 0MB in bios. Why, and how do I fix this?

FearlessEconomist

Reputable
Nov 23, 2020
been having a problem for a few weeks where most of the time i switched on my computer it would launch into bios instead of windows. would sometimes take hours of switching off and on before it would launch into windows.

looked it up, boot order didnt seem to be an issue, someone advised replacing the cmos battery. did that this morning. didnt involve touching the hard drive in any way.

result: my seagate ST2000DX001-1NS164 (2TB) is now showing as (0MB) in the bios, which the computer is still launching to. it’s set to boot option #3 now (it’s always been 1) except now boot option #1 is my blu ray drive and boot option #2 is my ethernet connection (??? never seen this before).

i guess i get why my computer isn’t launching to windows right now - the hard drive is showing as 0mb so basically defunct. but why would this happen and how do i fix it. i’m starting a job tomorrow and need this urgently. thank you for any advice.

TRENDING THREADS