Replaced HDD, still 100% Disk usage

zorbyy

Reputable
Jan 14, 2016
So, after I was getting the 100% disk usage always, I was under the impression that my HDD was failing, so I replaced it, and reinstalled windows, and I have nothing else on the computer. However, the disk usage is still very high. If I do nothing, it will fall down but if I so much as move my mouse, it will spike. What should I do? I disabled superfetch, also.

Solution
Hey there, zorbyy!

I'd suggest you run the HDD manufacturer's brand-specific diagnostic tool and use it test the health and SMART status of the drive. (Or you can use some third-party diagnostic utility alternatives ). Another thing you should check is the antivirus/malware software on your PC and disable it. This could potentially lower the Disk Usage. Sharing some screenshots from Task Manager could be helpful as well. If you haven't done this recently, maybe you should also check for any malware/viruses that could also have infected your system. (before disabling the antivirus utilities)

As a last resort, you should consider backing up your whole system and data and reinstall Windows OS altogether. This will...
Hey there, zorbyy!

I'd suggest you run the HDD manufacturer's brand-specific diagnostic tool and use it test the health and SMART status of the drive. (Or you can use some third-party diagnostic utility alternatives ). Another thing you should check is the antivirus/malware software on your PC and disable it. This could potentially lower the Disk Usage. Sharing some screenshots from Task Manager could be helpful as well. If you haven't done this recently, maybe you should also check for any malware/viruses that could also have infected your system. (before disabling the antivirus utilities)

As a last resort, you should consider backing up your whole system and data and reinstall Windows OS altogether. This will definitely rule out any software as the source of the issue.

Good luck & keep me posted !:)
SuperSoph_WD

Solution

TRENDING THREADS