Question Replaced Mobo and CPU no display and z390-e DRAM LIGHT

Dec 8, 2019
I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu on my computer, but I can’t get any display to show, so far I’ve checked the cpu pins, all other pins to my knowledge, and nothing works, my gpu boots up (the fan) then turns off after a bit,
GTX 1060
ROG Z-390-e
I7-9700K
DDR4 Corsair vengeance 2x8 LPX
Apevia ATX-AP800W psu
Toshiba DT01ACA200 2TB HHD(not sure if right product)
Samsung 860 EVO 250gb ssd (also just installed)
Hyper212 RGB black edition cpu cooler
The ram is also new, my gpu worked up until the moment I disconnected power to switch mobo and cpu

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Check list;

What's the rest of your specs? List,
Psu
Hdd/ssd
Cooler

What have you upgrade from?

Did you connect cpu cooler to cpu_fan header?

Have you connected video cable to the graphics card, not motherboard?

The gpu's cooling is designed to start operating over 60c. The fans will spin at post to test then later stop until required for quiet operation.

Dec 8, 2019
Check list;

What's the rest of your specs? List,
Psu
Hdd/ssd
Cooler

What have you upgrade from?

Did you connect cpu cooler to cpu_fan header?

Have you connected video cable to the graphics card, not motherboard?

The gpu's cooling is designed to start operating over 60c. The fans will spin at post to test then later stop until required for quiet operation.
Video cable is to GPU, cpu cooler is cpu_fan, I upgraded from an AMD FX 6300? and gigabyte GA-970-a-d3sp? Old parts were around for a while so I’m not sure

boju

Titan
Ambassador
I don't see any official reviews for that psu. User feedback from Amazon aren't fond of this brand.

Id start there making sure this psu is adequate for your new parts. Forget that its 800w, that doesn't mean much. Take it to a pc service store and have them try a different psu.

Dec 8, 2019
I don't see any official reviews for that psu. User feedback from Amazon aren't fond of this brand.

Id start there making sure this psu is adequate for your new parts. Forget that its 800w, that doesn't mean much. Take it to a pc service store and have them try a different psu.
Alright I’ll have to wait until tomorrow to do that :/

Uberrover

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2017
my gpu boots up (the fan) then turns off after a bit,
This should not necessarily have to be an issue, I have an MSI Gaming X 1060 in one of my builds which have fans designed to only turn on if the temperature is above 60 °C. They do start spinning at boot and turn off later, just like yours.

To be sure about this though, what exact GPU are you using? i.e. manufacturer, model and possibly amount of VRAM?

Dec 8, 2019
This should not necessarily have to be an issue, I have an MSI Gaming X 1060 in one of my builds which have fans designed to only turn on if the temperature is above 60 °C. They do start spinning at boot and turn off later, just like yours.

To be sure about this though, what exact GPU are you using? i.e. manufacturer, model and possibly amount of VRAM?
2047mb nvidia geforce gtx 1060 6GB (EVGA)
I put my old mobo and cpu back in, everything is functioning and I’m back on, until I can take this to a store to try a different psu or something, so I can verify that everything old is still working, just not when placed with new mobo and cpu