Replaced motherboard, cpu, ram and added an SSD (high end pc): Games run worse now

Flareux

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016
So i components in my computer with the following ones. (Asus ROG Strix B360-F), cpu (I7-8700), RAM (2x HyperX Fury DDR4 8 GB) and added an SSD (Kingston A1000 240 GB)

Everything went perfectly fine and it booted in the first try. Even tho it was my first time doing it. Installed games and stuff overnight. Then i activated windows 10 today and tried to boot a game (Titan quest and ARK) both have like 20-30 fps at absolutely lowest settings and normal HD.

Current specs:
Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB
Intel i7-8700
750 W PSU
Asus ROG Strix B360-F Motherboard (Previous was Asus G10AC)
2x HyperX Fury DDR4 8 GB
240 GB Kingston SSD
2 TB HDD
UHD 4k Monitor 28'' (https://www.dustinhome.dk/product/5010781702/u28d590ds?ssel=false)

- It doesn't matter if I run the game from my HDD or SSD
- Temperatures are just fine. Even while with games running
- All GPU Drivers are up to date (well at least that's what geforce experience says)
- My previous fps was around 120 in Titan quest (max settings and 50-60 at high settings in ARK

I think powersupply wise everything is connected correctly (since everything works perfect without any weird temperatures)

Any advice?

Solution
You don't list the model of your power supply, and that concerns me because normally when anybody has a good quality power supply they KNOW it, and are inclined to list it. Consider, this is the MOST important component in the system.

Also, you need to make sure you motherboard bios version is current, not an older version, and that all chipset, audio, network adapter (LAN and Wi-FI) and storage controller drivers are up to date with the most recent versions available on your motherboard product support page. Windows versions are not going to offer good performance.

Then, do this:

*Graphics card CLEAN install tutorial using the DDU*
You don't list the model of your power supply, and that concerns me because normally when anybody has a good quality power supply they KNOW it, and are inclined to list it. Consider, this is the MOST important component in the system.

Also, you need to make sure you motherboard bios version is current, not an older version, and that all chipset, audio, network adapter (LAN and Wi-FI) and storage controller drivers are up to date with the most recent versions available on your motherboard product support page. Windows versions are not going to offer good performance.

Then, do this:

*Graphics card CLEAN install tutorial using the DDU*

Solution

Flareux

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016

My PSU is: Corsair CX750M, 750W PSU. Just didn't think it would matter that much. (But i'm quite new to this so i don't know)

How do i know if motherboard bios version is up to date? With the motherboard came a disk with all the neccessary drivers. Which i have installed.

I'll try the clean install of the GPU now.

Yeah, if you changed to a 4k monitor when you changed graphics cards, it's not surprising that you'd have poor performance. In fact, it's not surprising that you have poor performance, period, with only a GTX 1060 on a 4k monitor. You need a much more capable card for 4k gaming.

Flareux

Reputable
Feb 4, 2016

I did the graphic driver uninstall and now it works perfectly fine. Thanks a lot. Also just fine in 4k. It's more than enough to run at 4k (well not in all games, but most)