[SOLVED] Replaced my CPU, all of my fans turn on and then turn off a split second later.

Jan 22, 2019
Please help me, downgrading from a i7 6700 to a i7 6402p. The computer was working perfectly before I took out the i7 processor. Once I put in the i5 processor and tried to turn it on all of the fans turn on for a split second then turn off. I unplug the CPU power connector and the same thing happens. Please help.

Solution
You should try clearing CMOS, resetting BIOS to defaults, often the BIOS does not like a CPU change...

If no luck, reinsert your 6700 which will confirm all hardware is working...

Possibly your BIOS does not natively support a 6402P, whatever that is...; assuming your 6402 is good, if you can't find a compatible BIOS that works with it for your mainboard, your options are limited...
You should try clearing CMOS, resetting BIOS to defaults, often the BIOS does not like a CPU change...

If no luck, reinsert your 6700 which will confirm all hardware is working...

Possibly your BIOS does not natively support a 6402P, whatever that is...; assuming your 6402 is good, if you can't find a compatible BIOS that works with it for your mainboard, your options are limited...

Solution

TRENDING THREADS