Question Replaced my PSU

Jun 20, 2020
I replaced my psu, my pc is a 24 pin. The psu I got is a 20+4 pin. For some odd reason, it only powers my fans, and sometimes my leds when the 20+4 pin is loose. Other than that, my pc refuses to turn on. My CPU has no power either.

Jul 9, 2020
that in itself should not be an issue.
Did you plug in the cpu power connector also? its usually 4pin or 4+4
also what motherboard and psu is it?
and if your motherboard has a small internal speaker.. that thing usually beeps in a code to signal what is wrong.

Jun 20, 2020
that in itself should not be an issue.
Did you plug in the cpu power connector also? its usually 4pin or 4+4
also what motherboard and psu is it?
and if your motherboard has a small internal speaker.. that thing usually beeps in a code to signal what is wrong.
Yes, CPU is plugged in. It is a EVGA 550 WATT psu and the motherboard is a gigabyte b365m ds3h

Jul 9, 2020
thats not exactly the model for the psu but I know all of the evga 550 watt models are good enough, even the non rated ones.
did you have any issues with the old psu? or system in general
anyway I think you should try resetting the bios, or uefi but I'll always call it bios
if not, do that again with the modo out of the case and plug in only the essentials and see if it boots, anything including the case could make it fail to run.
Those beeps are also important cause they can point you in the right direction, you might have even caused a short.
this kid explains how to reset it, since I can't show you

Jun 20, 2020
thats not exactly the model for the psu but I know all of the evga 550 watt models are good enough, even the non rated ones.
did you have any issues with the old psu? or system in general
anyway I think you should try resetting the bios, or uefi but I'll always call it bios
if not do that again with the modo out of the case and plug in only the essentials and see if it boots, anything including the case could make it fail to run.
Those beeps are also important cause they can point you in the right direction, you might have even caused a short.
this kid explains how to reset it, since I can't show you
The old psu died, wouldnt power the pc.

Jul 9, 2020
it might have taken down the mobo with it, or even more, but lets hope it's not that bad cause its less probable.
if what I told you to do didn't help, it needs fixing or replacement of some parts and that requires a professional with actual tools.
If you take it to a shop, bring the dead psu too :p they'll be able to open it up and see what happened to it, but never do that yourself cause you could die, these things can retain a lethal charge for months even if it was unplugged.

Jun 20, 2020
it might have taken down the mobo with it, or even more, but lets hope it's not that bad cause its less probable.
if what I told you to do didn't help, it needs fixing or replacement of some parts and that requires a professional with actual tools.
If you take it to a shop, bring the dead psu too :p they'll be able to open it up and see what happened to it, but never do that yourself cause you could die, these things can retain a lethal charge for months even if it was unplugged.
Alright I dont see a place to clear it? I see CLEAR_CMOS but nothing by

Jul 9, 2020
Jun 20, 2020

TRENDING THREADS