Replaced power supply and motherboard pc still won't boot

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017

Should be obvious, but make sure your power supply is actually switched on (via the switch on the back) and make sure wherever the computer is plugged into is also sourcing power.

If it's getting power and it just isn't even POSTing, it's pretty likely that it's either a CPU or RAM error. If you have off-hand DDR4 RAM somewhere try it with that, or try it with just 1 stick if you have 2 sticks. If RAM isn't the problem then it's probably a CPU problem. At that rate you should just make sure it's 100% mounted correctly and that you haven't broken any pins on your motherboard. If nothing at all works, then it might be time for a new CPU.

kylejames102

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

Did all of that and nothing changed, very confused

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017

Then at this point it's probably worth looking into a new CPU. All of these symptoms seem to point straight towards a faulty CPU, unfortunately. It could still possibly be a RAM issue, but there is no real way to tell without having a separate kit.

kylejames102

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

Do you think I'd be able to RMA the CPU all though it's been installed?

JalYt_Justin

Reputable
Jun 12, 2017

Yes, you should be able to as long as there isn't any damage done to it (that you caused).

kylejames102

Prominent
Dec 3, 2017

I'm taking it to the local computer shop tomorrow and hoping they can fix or tell me what's wrong with it for definite