[SOLVED] Replaced PSU and other components, now computer won't turn on and single click from PSU. HELP!

Apr 16, 2020
I'm not that well versed in computers so bear with me.

Just upgraded my PC with a new ssd (Samsung ssd SATA), video card (Asus rx570) and psu (Corsair rm750x). Installed everything myself after watching some videos, all connections made as they were previous.

Now when I turn it on, the blue light next to power button flashes on for a split second, then a subtle click is heard in the PSU area, then nothing. I try and power switch off then back on again from back of computer and it's the same, blue light for a split second and then a "click" from the PSU.

Interestingly, my audio interface which gets power directly from the computer turns on when I hit the power switch in the back, so there is definitely some power going through.

I've confirmed good connections again, and I reset the CMOS by taking out the battery for 10 min. Any thoughts? I literally have no idea what to do next.

Solution
I'm a musician, the audio interface is RME Babyface connected via USB, but I've already disconnected those and there was no change with the power issue.

I've been unplugging several things one at a time. The issue remains. When I unplug the 8 hole adapter next to the large 24, nothing happens at all, no clicking, it's like it's not plugged in whatsoever.

I'm using all the cords that came with the corsair power unit.

It sounds like it's a short circuit, or the power is shorted briefly due to something. I'm going away for a day or two now, I thought my next step will be to plug everything back into the old power unit and see if it works. I'm open to any and all ideas, this is so frustrating!

Ok. Yeah. Many USB ports are live...
I'm not that well versed in computers so bear with me.

Just upgraded my PC with a new ssd (Samsung ssd SATA), video card (Asus rx570) and psu (Corsair rm750x). Installed everything myself after watching some videos, all connections made as they were previous.

Now when I turn it on, the blue light next to power button flashes on for a split second, then a subtle click is heard in the PSU area, then nothing. I try and power switch off then back on again from back of computer and it's the same, blue light for a split second and then a "click" from the PSU.

Interestingly, my audio interface which gets power directly from the computer turns on when I hit the power switch in the back, so there is definitely some power going through.

I've confirmed good connections again, and I reset the CMOS by taking out the battery for 10 min. Any thoughts? I literally have no idea what to do next.

Your audio interface gets power directly from the computer? How? Via USB?

It sounds like the PSU is kicking a protection. But since the +5VSB has it's own protection, it can stay live (unless the short is on the +5VSB, of course).

Let us know more about this "audio interface". Maybe unplug it and see if the PC works? Maybe unplug other things to see if the PC starts working?

Also: You did use only the DC cables that came with the PSU, right? No additional non-Corsair cables?

Apr 16, 2020
I'm a musician, the audio interface is RME Babyface connected via USB, but I've already disconnected those and there was no change with the power issue.

I've been unplugging several things one at a time. The issue remains. When I unplug the 8 hole adapter next to the large 24, nothing happens at all, no clicking, it's like it's not plugged in whatsoever.

It sounds like it's a short circuit, or the power is shorted briefly due to something. I'm going away for a day or two now, I thought my next step will be to plug everything back into the old power unit and see if it works. I'm open to any and all ideas, this is so frustrating!

Ok. Yeah. Many USB ports are live in standby. So even when the PC is "off", you're still getting +5V from the standby line.

Definitely sounds like a short. But the PC should still power up even if all you have in it is a CPU (no RAM, GPU, etc.) So I would have to say, if you have only the PSU, mobo and CPU and it still doesn't power on, it's either the PSU (even though it's still capable of delivering +5V) or the motherboard.

Solution