replacement cd?

Ron

Does anyone know where a person can get a replacement cd so one can install
the DVD portion of MMC 8.9 other than from ATI direct?
I know I can get a cd from ATI direct for $10.00(cheap enough) but I think
that charging another $10.00 for shipping via US mail is nothing more than
gouging on the shipping charges!

Mike

Splendid

"Ron" <stiltz_wi@yahoo.com.com> wrote in message news:<40833c4d$1_1@newspeer2.tds.net>...
> Does anyone know where a person can get a replacement cd so one can install
> the DVD portion of MMC 8.9 other than from ATI direct?
> I know I can get a cd from ATI direct for $10.00(cheap enough) but I think
> that charging another $10.00 for shipping via US mail is nothing more than
> gouging on the shipping charges!

I've been looking too, ideally some nice person with a fast connection
that could just send me an ISO file of their CD and I could burn one
myself. I have also looked on ebay etc., but so far nothing.

OTOH no sign so far that ATi software is actually getting any better,
plus you don't "really" need to use their DVD decoder.

Still I think it stinks to pay the premium price for a AIW and then
get such half a$$ed software support. It sure makes going to Nvidia
with its CAT drivers look a lot more attractive.

If it has to be ATI software, then disregard this.
If you just want DVD playback you can use an open source program like
the VLC Media Player.

http://www.videolan.org

BG

Ron

"BGrieb" <bgrieb@starpower.net> wrote in message
> If it has to be ATI software, then disregard this.
> If you just want DVD playback you can use an open source program like
> the VLC Media Player.
>
> http://www.videolan.org
>
> BG
Thanks for the info but I am running power DVD 5 and it works just fine. I
was just hoping there might be a vender out there someplace that had the
replacement cd priced right with decent shipping charges, instead of the
outrages shipping that ATI wants for a cd. I was told that the shipping
charge would be the same if it were a cd or if I ordered other parts also. I
could understand the charge if I were ordering a few items, but to charge
$10.00 for a cd?