[SOLVED] Replacement Cool for evga 1080 ti ft3?

Kalshion

Prominent
Dec 29, 2019
So I'm trying to make my 1080 ti last until the 3 series cards come out (no, not interested in ATI :p ) right now it has two dead ports on it (meaning I can only have two monitors attached, which means I can't use my VR anymore!)

Anyway, I wanted to replace the cooler on this card since I noticed some of the plastic around the wiring has broken off as well as one a wire for another area of the fan (which I think is the sensor wire, since I noticed Precision X1 doesnt' report RPM's on for the middle fan anymore, the current heatsink has three fans)

Would anyone know where I can find a cooler for an evga 1080 ti ftw3?

Solution
Nah, I'm not to interested in the water cooling hybrid stuff right now since this is an old card.
Ehh, didn't stop me from doing it back in June...

The Accelero Extreme IV is freaking huge though - it will turn your gpu into a 5-slotter, so you better have the space for it!
There is another problem besides that though: according to the product specs it has a cooling capacity of up to 300w. Depending on the bios version, the 1080Ti FTW3 has a power limit of 330-358w...

Rajintek has their Morpheus 2, and Morpheus 2 Core Edition(black-coated heatsink), of which they claim up to 360w TDP.

Curious what those are and whether I'd need to replace it
1)Thermal pads.
2)If you tore them upon removing the heatsink.

Kalshion

Prominent
Dec 29, 2019
Nah, I'm not to interested in the water cooling hybrid stuff right now since this is an old card. I planned on doing that for the new ones (3-series)

Question though, when I had taken the heatsink off earlier today I noticed some kind of sticky, rectangular gray pad on the back over where the memory is. Curious what those are and whether I'd need to replace it

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Nah, I'm not to interested in the water cooling hybrid stuff right now since this is an old card.
Ehh, didn't stop me from doing it back in June...

The Accelero Extreme IV is freaking huge though - it will turn your gpu into a 5-slotter, so you better have the space for it!
There is another problem besides that though: according to the product specs it has a cooling capacity of up to 300w. Depending on the bios version, the 1080Ti FTW3 has a power limit of 330-358w...

Rajintek has their Morpheus 2, and Morpheus 2 Core Edition(black-coated heatsink), of which they claim up to 360w TDP.

Curious what those are and whether I'd need to replace it
1)Thermal pads.
2)If you tore them upon removing the heatsink.

Solution