Replacement cooler for MSI N650

teyras

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014
Hi,

A fan blade on my MSI N650-1GD5/OCV1 GPU's cooler broke off, so I'm looking for a replacemenent cooler. How do I tell if a cooler is good enough for this GPU? Is there any chance it would work well with a passive cooler like Arctic Accelero S1 PLUS?

Solution
You really should be all good so long as the cooler is compatible with the card itself. Like I said the 650 shouldn't really heat up that much anyway.

Plus I also see that that cooler is also appealing to enthusiasts who wish to OC, so if it will work well with an overclocked card (which should run WAY hotter) then it should work well with your card. Better even.

Aaayron

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
If you don't push the card too much (like OC it to its limit or play very demanding games at the best resolution possible), then any compatible cooler will work well with it.

Also, that's a low end card so it won't generate as much heat. You'll be fine.

teyras

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014

Well, I used the card to play for example Metro LL or Witcher 2, which are quite demanding in my book, on 1920x1200. Will I still be fine? :)

Aaayron

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2013
You really should be all good so long as the cooler is compatible with the card itself. Like I said the 650 shouldn't really heat up that much anyway.

Plus I also see that that cooler is also appealing to enthusiasts who wish to OC, so if it will work well with an overclocked card (which should run WAY hotter) then it should work well with your card. Better even.

Solution

teyras

Honorable
Jan 30, 2014

OK, thanks a lot!

EDIT: Just to confirm, the temperature stays under 60°C whatever I do to the card :)

TRENDING THREADS