Oldman

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003

I have lost my original Windows Xp Home disks and only have my backups
which the computer is now having trouble reading. How do I get
replacements. I originally had sp1 but have downloaded sp2 from the web.
should I order sp2 if msft allows it? thanks

Go for SP2. Good Luck.
"Oldman" <notelling@wsb.com> wrote in message
> I have lost my original Windows Xp Home disks and only have my backups
> which the computer is now having trouble reading. How do I get
> replacements. I originally had sp1 but have downloaded sp2 from the web.
> should I order sp2 if msft allows it? thanks

If Windows XP is retail contact Microsoft:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=326246

If Windows XP is OEM, contact the seller.
Microsoft may not be able to help with OEM.

--
Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar