Question Replacement for Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265

Feb 14, 2020
My dell XPS 15 from 3 years ago has a Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 8265. It keeps disconnecting from my TV. My drivers are the latest. I've tried at least 5 different WiFi adapters that plug into my TV for me to project my laptop to the TV. Usually the TV freezes but the mouse keeps moving on the TV (strange). These WiFi cards seem cheap and I've opened my PC a few times. I've had issues in the past with it and Dell fixed it years ago. I suspect it is the issue and I'm willing to throw some money at it. What card can I repalace it with? I've seen the Intel 9260NGW IEEE 802.11ac Bluetooth 5.0 - Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Combo Adapter for about $25 bucks. However, Intel website says Q4'17 which seems old to me. What is the latest wifi adaper for my Dell Intel Dual Band Wireless AC 8265 (802.11ac) 2x2 + Bluetooth module. I'm not smart with computers, but can screw it in and attache wires, update driver, but that is about it.

Feb 14, 2020
P.S. my wife's surface tablet that is 3 years old seems to work fine with any adapter I've plugged into my TV, so I beleive my network router is fine, TV adapter is fine, and such.

Feb 14, 2020
I assume mine is a 2230 since I measured it with calipers and it is phyically 22mm x 30mm. I've been reading on the keys (A&E) My circuit board has 4 contacts on the A side stamped on the circuit board. The E part of the board is blank.
So I should be looking a M2 2230 with A key???