[SOLVED] Replacement for NVIDIA GeForce GT 350

Status
Not open for further replies.

doxology

Honorable
Mar 22, 2016
hello again...

My PC keeps going down; & when it does, there's no video output (you can also hear the vid card doesn't kick in during bootup). The card that came w/ the machine (specs, from Speccy) is as follows: HP 2511 (1920X1080@60Hx) 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 350 (mfd's by ASUStek Computer Inc.).

I can't find a new one anywhere on the web (assuming discontinuance); & am running Win 7 Pro. Don't want to put the wrong card in an older PC, so does anyone have a suggestion? Is there a tried/tested direct replacement?

thanx,

dox

Solution
Most likely you're going to be best suited with a Nvidia GTX10xx GPU for guaranteed compatibility. That would be a GT1030, GTX1050Ti, or GTX1060.

I just assumed the GT350 was a GT250 rebrand. But since Sandy Bridge CPUs (Intel 2nd gen) were launched in 2011, that would put the GPU more in the Nvidia 4th gen (mid-late 2010) or 5th gen (early-mid 2011).

We're asking these questions to establish what the power requirements are from your current GPU (so the new one doesn't require more than you PSU can handle) and to establish a baseline of performance that you're used to right now.

DSzymborski

Titan
I have the same confusion as tennis. What do you mean by high-end graphics? I'm not sure that this is actually a GT 350 -- I can't find any reference to this GPU even existing, not even as some weird OEM version like that oddball GTX 760 Ti -- but GT anything isn't high-end graphics. So I'm not sure what you have or what you need, which makes it a bit tricky.

Most likely you're going to be best suited with a Nvidia GTX10xx GPU for guaranteed compatibility. That would be a GT1030, GTX1050Ti, or GTX1060.

I just assumed the GT350 was a GT250 rebrand. But since Sandy Bridge CPUs (Intel 2nd gen) were launched in 2011, that would put the GPU more in the Nvidia 4th gen (mid-late 2010) or 5th gen (early-mid 2011).

We're asking these questions to establish what the power requirements are from your current GPU (so the new one doesn't require more than you PSU can handle) and to establish a baseline of performance that you're used to right now.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.