Replacement Hard Drive For Laptop

Apr 8, 2018
HDD recently died in my “HP ENVY x360 m6”. I don’t want to get the same drive again, since it failed in less than a year.

How ever, i’m not sure what to look for in an equivalent, replacement drive.

Here is the exact drive in the laptop: http://www.drivesolutions.com/cgi/shop/oemstore.cgi?command=listitems&kind=HP-OEM&pos=0&type=itemid&itemid=766644-005

Can someone please help me find a replacement? I was interested in potentially getting an SSD even. I’m not sure about compatibility though. any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you!

Solution
Definitely get a SSD. Any 2.5 inch SSD that is 9.5mm or thinner will work. An SSD is much faster for boot up, software launches, saving files, etc. It greatly improves the whole PC user experience. The down side is the capacity vs the cost. If you can get by with a 250GB or 500GB SSD size, it a goos investment for that laptop. Samsung and Crucial make excellent SSDs.
Definitely get a SSD. Any 2.5 inch SSD that is 9.5mm or thinner will work. An SSD is much faster for boot up, software launches, saving files, etc. It greatly improves the whole PC user experience. The down side is the capacity vs the cost. If you can get by with a 250GB or 500GB SSD size, it a goos investment for that laptop. Samsung and Crucial make excellent SSDs.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS