Replacement LEDs(pics attached)

John1029

Honorable
Feb 8, 2017
Not sure if this is a good place to ask this but I have a drevo blademaster keyboard and some of the LED's broke and I'm trying to replace them but I can't find them anywhere. Wondering if anyone can help in my search.

They're SMD, RGB, square and have 2 prongs each side.

I can upload pictures if needed. View: https://imgur.com/a/aPoXMbh
The pictures aren't great but hope it helps. The bottom one is a broke LED missing 2 prongs.

Thanks

Last edited:

Ralston18

Titan
Even if you find replacements I would not be optimistic about being able to de-solder the broken LEDs and re-solder in the replacements.

How did they get broken to begin with?

Most low end consumer products (such as keyboards) are not intended to be repairable. Or the ability to do so is costly and risky. Especially for DIY type people.

You may be better off with just getting a new keyboard.

John1029

Honorable
Feb 8, 2017
Even if you find replacements I would not be optimistic about being able to de-solder the broken LEDs and re-solder in the replacements.

How did they get broken to begin with?

Most low end consumer products (such as keyboards) are not intended to be repairable. Or the ability to do so is costly and risky. Especially for DIY type people.

You may be better off with just getting a new keyboard.
Already Removed the old ones, resoldering probably wouldn't be that hard as long as I don't bridge the connectors. Most consumer products aren't built for easy repair but it doesn't mean they can't be repaired. If the keyboard doesn't work at the end of the day it's no big deal.

Ralston18

Titan
If you cannot find the replacement parts maybe you can find another keyboard somewhere that you can cannibalize the LEDs.

Local Goodwill here has lots of keyboards and I commonly see keyboards at yard sales and so forth. Even sitting on the curbs at trash pickup times.

Good chance that any LED keyboard may use identical LEDs you could pull and reuse. Or any electronic device with LEDs could be worth a look...

Especially since you have the soldering skills/abilities to de-solder and re-solder components.

John1029

Honorable
Feb 8, 2017
If you cannot find the replacement parts maybe you can find another keyboard somewhere that you can cannibalize the LEDs.

Local Goodwill here has lots of keyboards and I commonly see keyboards at yard sales and so forth. Even sitting on the curbs at trash pickup times.

Good chance that any LED keyboard may use identical LEDs you could pull and reuse. Or any electronic device with LEDs could be worth a look...

Especially since you have the soldering skills/abilities to de-solder and re-solder components.

I live in a small city without a lot of tech resell so it's unlikely I'll find anything but I definately take a gander. thanks for the advice.