Question Replacement MB for HP OMEN PC-870-224???

Feb 22, 2020
I have an HP OMEN PC-870-224. MB is Odense2-K, with Core i5 -7400 processor, 8192 MB DDR4, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, etc. I'm thinking about changing the MB, because I think the MB is keeping me from booting into other things. I was thinking about an ASUS MB, but don't know how to find one that is compatible with the rest of the components that I have in the OMEN. I have built several computers in the past, but two years ago I bought this one ready made. I wish now that I had built my current computer up myself instead of buying the HP. Everything works fine for me with the OMEN. It does what I need with simulation. I just don't like the MB. Can anyone suggest a way I could find out what a good MB replacement is? Does Anyone have a suggested MB replacement? Are there any cautions that anyone has to send my way? Thanks for any help!

Feb 19, 2020
What do you mean by, the motherboard is keeping your pc from booting into other things? Like linux, perhaps? Have you tried configuring your BIOS for the target OS, or multiboot at all?
Define how the computer just "doesn't like" the motherboard?
What problem do you believe there to be, and what are the symptoms of this issue?

Feb 22, 2020
My computer tries to boot, but I have not been successful in booting anything. I just retried to boot Knoppix, but failed. Just got a blank screen with an underscore in the upper left part of the screen. That could be a Knoppix problem. I have an older Fedora 64 bit Linux DVD that I had successfully installed on a previous system, but the boot options of my bios on this OMEN computer didn't even recognize that the DVD was available for booting. Previously I had tried to install Windows 8 pro in place of the provided windows 10, but I think my motherboard didn't like it, and I was not able to proceed with it, and had to reinstall the windows 10 that came on my OMEN computer.
In the previous computer that I had built, I was able to install Linux and also able to boot kn oppix . So yes, my OMEN computer kind of tries to boot (sometimes), but without success. So, to be honest, I really don't know whether there is a problem with my motherboard, or whether the things I'm trying to boot are not compatible.
Thank you for your question, and I will try to do some more experimentation. If I make any further discoveries about this I will get back to this thread and share what I find out. Sincerely, Ted