Replacement motherboard for HP Pavillion P6310Y Desktop

solomon271

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Hello,

I currently own an HP Pavillion P6310Y Desktop computer. The motherboard has gone bad and they are a very faulty board overall. I am looking for a suitable replacement, but i am not an expert in the field an i have no idea which one to buy. I even sent an email out to MSI to ask them which of their products would work best and i got no reply. If someone could direct me to a good, compatible board i would be grateful.

My current motherboard: M2N78-LA (Violet6)
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01925562&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=4120042&tmp_track_link=ot_search

I found quite a bit on newegg, if possible i would like to purchase one around the 70 (or less) dollar range. Thanks!

PS Sorry if im not in the right subcategory, i was at a loss in reference to which i should pick :S

Newegg.com has a biostar micro atx am3 board with sata 6.0 and usb 3.0 support. Might as well get a board with the latest features. The model number is TA880GU3+ and it sells for $79.99 with free shipping and gets decent reviews. I've had no problems with my biostar am3 board, and can even overclock easily. You will need a new windows coa. Your original hp windows is tied to a bios string on the hp board. I would check craigslist for an unopened copy of windows 7 pro or ultimate for around $75.

solomon271

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2011
Thank you very much for your response o1die. Could you provide me with a link to the one you are referencing? When i did a search many popped up. Also, it is for my father, so if he does not want the latest features, is there a compatible biostar version for ten bucks less? It may not be worth it to get usb 3 and such if it will not be used by him.