Question Replacement Powersupply: Am I correct?

Jan 19, 2020
I5-8600K
EVGA Geforce 1070ti
Gigabyte z370 Aorus Ultra Gaming Wifi

I bought this PC over a year ago, but now it's restarting when I run more intense games. It never used to do this. Sometimes it will actually freeze and show "no signal detected" on my monitor, the fans will kick full speed, but the PC will keep going.
I have checked, and it's not overheating. It never burns very hot.

I was told it may be my power-supply. What power-supply would match with my motherboard? I would have to have a 750W, but I was told there was more to look at than just total wattage. What else do I need to be looking at?

My existing power supply is an EVGA 600B 100-B1-0600

Thanks.

Last edited:
Unexpected restarts are very often a power supply issue.

600w is probably fine, but the EVGA 600B is not of EVGAs best units. In fact, I have one sitting next to me that let out some smoke and sparked awhile ago.

I would look for a GOOD QUALITY 650w unit just to be safe.

What is your budget for a replacement?

Check the "reccomended power supplies" link below my post for an idea of some model you should look into upgrading to.

Dark Lord of Tech

Retired Moderator
I5-8600K
EVGA Geforce 1070ti

I bought this PC over a year ago, but now it's restarting when I run more intense games. It never used to do this. Sometimes it will actually freeze and show "no signal detected" on my monitor, the fans will kick full speed, but the PC will keep going.

I was told it may be my power-supply. What power-supply would match with my motherboard? I would have to have a 750W, but I was told there was more to look at than just total wattage. What else do I need to be looking at?

Thanks.
PCPartPicker Part List

Power Supply: Corsair TXM Gold 650 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-modular ATX Power Supply ($83.98 @ Newegg)
Total: $83.98
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-01-19 20:10 EST-0500

Kvp311

Reputable
Jun 22, 2019
I5-8600K
EVGA Geforce 1070ti

Thanks.
There are other things to look for. Some PSUs are classified as Fully Modular, Semi Modular, or Non Modular. Modern and Modular PSU's will have no wires attached to them, but will instead have ports and come with cables for you to plug in at your own need or discretion. Semi Modular PSU's have some of the necessary cables, like the MB connector permanently attached, but will have open ports for PCI (your GPU) and SATA. Non Modular PSU's tend to be the older generation, which has fixed cables.

TRENDING THREADS