Replacement PSU - Seasonic SS400BT

sj23

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013
I have an old PC (Fujitsu Pi 3635). Its about 5 years old and was running fine untill of late randomly restarts quite frequently. The GPU was getting heated up to 85 deg as soon as I start the PC up. I cleaned up GPU / CPU fans with a air can and removed lot of dust & dirt bunnies. After this the GPU idle temperature dropped to 42-45 deg which I guess is ok. But the random restarts continued. I suspected that the PSU is failing. It has a 400W OEM PSU from Delta Electronics. So removed some load on the PSU like removing the power for the internal DVD drive (which I don't use anyway). After this the restarts stopped. So I am convinced that the problem is with the aging PSU. I am looking for a replacement. I previously used the PC for games, but now I have a gaming laptop and this PC is used for my kids school projects, browsing and an occasional movie. So I dont want to spend too much on this:

I saw an offer for brand new Seasonic SS400BT for 35 Eur and want to grab it before it goes. Just want to ask if 400 Watts should be enough especially since the old one was 400 Watts and was holding good for 4 years and I dont use the PC for gaming anymore.

Thnx
SJ

sj23

Honorable
Oct 15, 2013

Thanks & Yes. Seasonic SS400BT is 80+ Bronze certified.