[SOLVED] Replacement Pump

Solution
My question is simply if a D5 pump will fit in this reservoir. Coming from little knowledge on the subject, I assumed that all pumps were made the same size. I'm sure I'm just being naive ;)

The answer is NO, unfortunately.

The second answer is that nearly every pump is actually different. However, an EKWB D5 is using the same pump as an XSPC D5. D5 and DDC are pumps produced by Laing and then re-branded for many different watercooling vendors. These pumps still must list that they are D5 or DDC to ensure compatibility.

If a pump does not have a label or definition of D5 or DDC, it is probably another version of a pump designed by another company, although Laing does have a few different versions of DDC which...

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
I don't believe that original res/pump combo used a D5, it's an X20, which I thought was the XSPC cheapo pump line.

Does it look like this: http://www.xs-pc.com/discontinued-eol/x2o-750-dual-bayrespump-acrylic-v4

If so, that's not a D5 and it won't fit a D5.

If you aren't trying to replace a bad pump in this housing and just want another pump - just get what you want with fittings to work with the tubing size you have. You'll perhaps also want to consider a reservoir

No it did not. It used the cheapo XSPC pump for sure. The link I posted is to the XSPC RX240 kit which is what I have. My question is simply if a D5 pump will fit in this reservoir. Coming from little knowledge on the subject, I assumed that all pumps were made the same size. I'm sure I'm just being naive ;)

rubix_1011

Contributing Writer
My question is simply if a D5 pump will fit in this reservoir. Coming from little knowledge on the subject, I assumed that all pumps were made the same size. I'm sure I'm just being naive ;)

The answer is NO, unfortunately.

The second answer is that nearly every pump is actually different. However, an EKWB D5 is using the same pump as an XSPC D5. D5 and DDC are pumps produced by Laing and then re-branded for many different watercooling vendors. These pumps still must list that they are D5 or DDC to ensure compatibility.

If a pump does not have a label or definition of D5 or DDC, it is probably another version of a pump designed by another company, although Laing does have a few different versions of DDC which are variants that should fit unless otherwise stated by the components.

Solution
Thanks rubix. I just needed to know if the current res I had would fit any different pumps. You opened my mind to the different varieties that manufactures use and not all are made equal.

Luckily I was able to find a EK-DBAY D5 at a local Microcenter. It's the older bay res combo style that I had previously so swapping it out was pretty simple. I had some issues at first getting the D5 to circulate the water properly. For some reason the pump would just sit and spin but not move water. It wasn't until I started moving the case around and turning it that it started to work. But man what a difference in pump quality it really makes. I believe it's a little more than double the flow rate of the old pump.

Thanks again for the help and insight.