[SOLVED] replacement sticky pad suggestions for corsair commander pro

Hisashi705

Honorable
Jul 23, 2015
For context to what I am asking, in a few days I am going to be changing the computer case for one of my friends, inside her current case she has the corsair commander pro and it has been stuck in there for about a year, so I would imagine the sticky pad that's on it is likely pretty well bonded with the case now and won't come off cleanly. so, assuming it doesn't come off cleanly but I am able to get it off in it's entirety with some elbow grease, does anyone have any suggestions on what to use as replacement sticky pads to stick it in my friends new case? I've been thinking something along the lines of a scotch tape foam pad, but I don't know if something like that would be any good for this type of thing since she will want to remove/move it at some point most likely, so any suggestion will be appreciated :)

Lutfij

Titan
If the adhesive doesn't have a foam inlay, and is just a doublesided tape under the controller, you can take a heat gun and gently blowing warm air around the controller or the underside of the sticker to get it come off the panel it's adhered to. You can then let the adhesive pad cool and reuse it.

If I were you, I'd just use zipties to secure the controller and manage the wires.

Hisashi705

Honorable
Jul 23, 2015
If the adhesive doesn't have a foam inlay, and is just a doublesided tape under the controller, you can take a heat gun and gently blowing warm air around the controller or the underside of the sticker to get it come off the panel it's adhered to. You can then let the adhesive pad cool and reuse it.

If I were you, I'd just use zipties to secure the controller and manage the wires.
the problem with this for me is that I don't happen to have a heat gun lying around unfortunately :( , but thanks for the suggestion, I'll keep that in mind in the future when I run into this situation again :)
while I like using zip ties for things, there really isn't a good place to zip tie down the controller in the new case, thus this post lol. but I have done that with small fan controllers before

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Heatgun = industrial grade hairdryer with a lower fan speed lol.
Velcro is also a good thing. It's how my ssd is attached to the top of my hdd, which sits in an unused optical bay out of sight, buh-bye large airblocking hdd trays racks.

Push comes to shove, can always hot-glue a zip tie to the mobo tray, or even just hot-glue the box itself. Even pre-built vendors love to use hotglue to hold everything from wiring to connectors, even going as far as gluing connectors to pcb's to plastic facia.

Last edited:

Hisashi705

Honorable
Jul 23, 2015
Heatgun = industrial grade hairdryer with a lower fan speed lol.
Velcro is also a good thing. It's how my ssd is attached to the top of my hdd, which sits in an unused optical bay out of sight, buh-bye large airblocking hdd trays racks.

Push comes to shove, can always hot-glue a zip tie to the mobo tray, or even just hot-glue the box itself. Even pre-built vendors love to use hotglue to hold everything from wiring to connectors, even going as far as gluing connectors to pcb's to plastic facia.
don't have a hair dryer either , single guy living with only other single guys lol. velcro wouldn't be a bad idea either, will have to see price difference between command strips and velcro pads since those seem to be my best options, thank you for both of those ideas :)

for the push comes to shove stuff, I don't think I'm broke enough to have to go that far to save a buck lol, plus I don't think my friend would be to happy if I hot glued stuff to her brand new case :p