Question Replacement Thermaltake V200TG RGB Front Fans

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Hello All

Would the newer Fans if i purchased some sometime work with the Included RGB Controller that was included with the case? and RGB light switch on I/O Panel.

As these are a pain to clean as its not too easy opening this front cover, so might just replace in a year or two or 6 months whenever can afford really to replace all 3 front fans at once. Then do best to keep clean as best i can like i'm doing the current fans

Last edited:

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Well wondering if at some point i replace the 3 Front Fans would the newer TT-1225 (Thermaltake) Fans work with the fan controller already in the case?

I know i went off the rail a bit too much in first post..will edit to make it clearer

Reactions: Rokinamerica

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
I am not much of a source for RGB, but I have a Thermaltake V-150 and have 3 fans in front, 1 on top and 1 at back and it runs very cool. I don't have any lights except the one on my 2060 12 GB, so I am useless in that area.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
I Currently have 0 Fans on Top, but might sometime look at adding 1 possibly in the future, cooling wise is decent though with current setup of 3 Front Fans, CPU Cooler Arctic Freezer 7X, and Rear Exhaust Fan currently

Probably won't be RGB Fan if i do add one on top in the future

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
Is it similar to this?https://www.officedepot.com/a/produ...p.ds&msclkid=45f3aa0b26161df7ff39ce2d31554409

If so, it is very similar to my V-150. I open the side, leave the front on and blow it from behind the fans on front while holding the front 3 fans. Once I do that I keep holding the fans and then hit the airways on the front. When finished with that I do the same with the others. I hold the fan and hit it with my air blower. Top and back. Just make sure you hold the actual fan blades when you hit them with air.

I bought an electric blower because pc's are my living. But with proper airflow and cleaning, you should be very good in temps. Let me know if this helps and if so, if you need more help.

I know our cases are not the exact same and I know nothing about lighting in the case. But I have to keep my company running and my pc's are the key.

I do not game so if that matters, I am an idiot.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Yes very Similar to that, except can't really access the front fans even with the side off, sure i can from the rear of the fan if the side tempered glass open, but guess that will have to be good enough in terms of cleaning.

As pulling the front cover off too much does damage the front ports if not careful, I've been as Careful as i can the times i've done it, even with that think damaged usb 2.0 port #2 (Closest to the Power button on left side of front cover) But other 2 front usb ports still working fine 1 USB 2.0, and 1 USB 3.0 right next to each other

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
"sure i can from the rear of the fan if the side tempered glass open"

That is what I do. I open the side glass, hold the fan blades from behind and blow air from behind, then I keep holding the fan blades and blow out the side air intakes for the front on the side vents. The little slits on the front sides of the front panel.

The most important point is this, no matter how you can get at the fans to clean them, do it. Just make sure you hold the blades so you don't mess them up. They could go well above their rated RPM's if too much air pressure flows from cleaning.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
Right Will Make sure i hold the fan blades when i do the cleaning of the fans when i blow thru the side intake as well.
Think i should be fine then hopefully with this advice

Yes messing them up would not be good, as then its unzip tieing a bunch of wires, getting the wires outta case, replacing the 3 front fans (i do not look forward to that lol if i can help it lol for as long as possible)

Do have Electric Air duster and also Cordless Air Duster which reminds me i should find charging cable and recharge the cordless one soon

Rokinamerica

Estimable
Nov 30, 2021
Check out the Thermaltake V-150 and compare to yours. If there are enough similarities and you have questions, let me know.

I run a i5-10600 and RTX 2060 12 GB in my rig, work all day on it with 3 27" monitors and use spreadsheets like toilet paper, have a very large online presence and either listen to music or stream video.

I do have an office in my detached garage, but my temps at 10 hours in are under 40C for both GPU and CPU and I just do air cool.

Let me know if our cases are close enough to help. In all honesty, I am not going to do much research because I get bored fast.

bikemanI7

Reputable
Jan 9, 2020
I run a Intel I7 10700 and Geforce 1660 Super *Almost bought a 2060 K0 from EVGA in 2020 but opted for newer Case upgrade, Processor, motherboard, and Ram and video card at the time (Previous card was Geforce 1050 2GB lol)

Just Air Cooled here, Room Temp probably 70F or lower these days, may warm up a bit more in Summer weather, but got Air conditioning when on and Window can open, and Fan i can use if need be.

Checks out Thermaltake V-150--Pretty Similar except your I/O ports are not on front cover area, yours are moved back over the actual tower part, Mine got a full dust cover on top as it can take 2 140MM fans up top or 2 120MM i believe. But overall pretty Similar none the less, with slight differences

Mine can fit Micro Atx Motherboard, & ATX size Motherboard or Mini ITX if wanted

Anyways think i should be fine with cleaning front fans from the back side more often and holding them and using my device to blow air into the vent side as well