nerfyou

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
I recently had a Geforce 8800 GTS die on me. I've been looking to replace the card, but I'm not looking to put alot into the machine. I'd like to get something that's at least as powerful as what I had, but adds DX 11 and not spend a whole lot. The machine is an Intel Q6600 quadcore 2.4 with a 650 watt power supply. Putting a new $400 card in it would be a waste. I really just want something that will tide me over for a while until I get around to putting a new machine together.
I have done some research already and have a few ideas, but I thought I'd come here and ask for some suggestions I may have overlooked. Any feedback would be appreciated.

nerfyou

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2012
Thanks for all the replies so far. I had looked into those cards, and was kind of expecting to get those as a response.

If I were to go cheaper, how would something like a Radeon 5500 or a GTS 450 compare? They looks to have similar performance number wise, but numbers don't mean everything. I was hoping to stay more into the price range of these cards if possible.