Question Replacing 980 Ti, Anything will do

Willsportsfan1

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015
Hey everyone,

My EVGA 980 Ti has given me a good 6 years of performance but sadly it can no longer handle intense 3d rendering. I am looking for a replacement but I know that it's probably to worst time to be buying a graphics card so I thought you guys could help me narrow it down. I would like to purchase one within the next week and my budget is pretty flexible, ideally less than $600 but then again I don't know what it takes these days. The most use it would get would be gaming and all my other specs can be found here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tRt4ht . I don't mind what website it's from but I would like to buy one new. I do not have any preference of brand, as long as it works I am fine with that. I will not be overclocking and I have two monitors, one at 1080p 60 Hz and the main one at 1080p 165 Hz. Once again I am open to all brands so I'm sure any ideas you guys have would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Quick specs:
Old card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6 GB ACX 2.0+ Video Card
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
PSU: Thermaltake - smart 700w atx 80 plus power supply

DSzymborski

Polypheme
Here's the problem: a 980 Ti is in the neighborhood of a 1070 and a tad slower than a 2060 non-Super. Which means that it's going to be a pain making an upgrade at this price point. I don't think there's any GPU you can get new for $600 that is worthy of an upgrade from a 980 Ti.

Also, the PSU. You list a rather mediocre Thermaltake PSU in your post, while you list a PCPartPicker with a significant better, but much older XFX PSU. If I were in your shoes and looking for a GPU more powerful than a 980 Ti, I'd probably replace the XFX one and wouldn't pair it with the Thermaltake Smart at all.

Willsportsfan1

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015
Here's the problem: a 980 Ti is in the neighborhood of a 1070 and a tad slower than a 2060 non-Super. Which means that it's going to be a pain making an upgrade at this price point. I don't think there's any GPU you can get new for $600 that is worthy of an upgrade from a 980 Ti.

Also, the PSU. You list a rather mediocre Thermaltake PSU in your post, while you list a PCPartPicker with a significant better, but much older XFX PSU. If I were in your shoes and looking for a GPU more powerful than a 980 Ti, I'd probably replace the XFX one and wouldn't pair it with the Thermaltake Smart at all.
I'm not looking for one more powerful, just a replacement because it is broken, also I can totally put the XFX PSU back in if that would be better (I thought it was broken only to learn my GPU was the problem).

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS