[SOLVED] Replacing 980 Ti, Anything will do

Willsportsfan1

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015
Hey everyone,

My EVGA 980 Ti has given me a good 6 years of performance but sadly it can no longer handle intense 3d rendering. I am looking for a replacement but I know that it's probably to worst time to be buying a graphics card so I thought you guys could help me narrow it down. I would like to purchase one within the next week and my budget is pretty flexible, ideally less than $600 but then again I don't know what it takes these days. The most use it would get would be gaming and all my other specs can be found here: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/tRt4ht . I don't mind what website it's from but I would like to buy one new. I do not have any preference of brand, as long as it works I am fine with that. I will not be overclocking and I have two monitors, one at 1080p 60 Hz and the main one at 1080p 165 Hz. Once again I am open to all brands so I'm sure any ideas you guys have would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Quick specs:
Old card: EVGA GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6 GB ACX 2.0+ Video Card
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K 4 GHz Quad-Core Processor
PSU: Thermaltake - smart 700w atx 80 plus power supply

DSzymborski

Titan
Here's the problem: a 980 Ti is in the neighborhood of a 1070 and a tad slower than a 2060 non-Super. Which means that it's going to be a pain making an upgrade at this price point. I don't think there's any GPU you can get new for $600 that is worthy of an upgrade from a 980 Ti.

Also, the PSU. You list a rather mediocre Thermaltake PSU in your post, while you list a PCPartPicker with a significant better, but much older XFX PSU. If I were in your shoes and looking for a GPU more powerful than a 980 Ti, I'd probably replace the XFX one and wouldn't pair it with the Thermaltake Smart at all.

Willsportsfan1

Honorable
Oct 31, 2015
Here's the problem: a 980 Ti is in the neighborhood of a 1070 and a tad slower than a 2060 non-Super. Which means that it's going to be a pain making an upgrade at this price point. I don't think there's any GPU you can get new for $600 that is worthy of an upgrade from a 980 Ti.

Also, the PSU. You list a rather mediocre Thermaltake PSU in your post, while you list a PCPartPicker with a significant better, but much older XFX PSU. If I were in your shoes and looking for a GPU more powerful than a 980 Ti, I'd probably replace the XFX one and wouldn't pair it with the Thermaltake Smart at all.

I'm not looking for one more powerful, just a replacement because it is broken, also I can totally put the XFX PSU back in if that would be better (I thought it was broken only to learn my GPU was the problem).