Question replacing a 2017 samsung 55" mu 6300 4k tv

Deepwaterlife48

Commendable
Nov 5, 2021
so i have had a samsung mu6300 tv since 2017. about a month ago i moved from orlando to north east ohio and after the move, within about a week i started noticing two super bright white spots on the tv. after doing some research, the issue seems to be two of the led reflectors. apparently when they are out of position you can get the bright spots as i understand. the rest of the tv looks fine but i have noticed the tv isnt as responsive. this is probably a completely separate issue.

i've been trying to find a comparable tv to replace it as repairing it is not cost effective at all. the next models the nu7100, the tu7000, the tu8000, the au8000 all have worse stats in many categories like input lag, response time, hdr, motion blur etc according to rtings.com, best buy, samsung's site etc.

since 2004 i've only bought 3 tv's and theyve all been samsung. is there a better option in the 300-800 range for a 55"-65" ?

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Can you stretch budget a bit more? I highly recommend LG C1 (discontinued recently but you still might be able to find one cheaper run-out stock) or the successor C2. Gaming on C1 is awesome and you don't need to worry about burn in on oleds. LG has a feature that cleans the pixels after 4hrs of accumulative use and does it whilst on standby so you don't need to do a thing.

Deepwaterlife48

Commendable
Nov 5, 2021
not at the moment. im not going to replace it until i get to my next destination in a month or so, so there is no risk the newer one gets damaged in transit. i'm just trying to do some groundwork now so i know what to be aware of.

D

Deleted member 2838871

Can you stretch budget a bit more? I highly recommend LG C1 (discontinued recently but you still might be able to find one cheaper run-out stock) or the successor C2. Gaming on C1 is awesome and you don't need to worry about burn in on oleds. LG has a feature that cleans the pixels after 4hrs of accumulative use and does it whilst on standby so you don't need to do a thing.

Agreed with this... ^

Can't go wrong with OLED. The best picture quality for gaming and home theater. My first was a 65" B7... then 77" CX... 48"CX that I still use as my PC display and lastly a 65" C1.

Amazing displays!

Reactions: boju
D

Deleted member 14196

Go see ratings.com

They are doing burning tests and yes, oleds burn in. STILL

Gaming doesn’t bother it so much because you don’t have static images, but leave static images up long enough, and it will burn in.

Go check out the burn in test

D

Deleted member 2838871

Go see ratings.com

They are doing burning tests and yes, oleds burn in. STILL

Gaming doesn’t bother it so much because you don’t have static images, but leave static images up long enough, and it will burn in.

Go check out the burn in test

That‘s one of the biggest misconceptions about OLEDs that there is. These testers leave the same static image on screen for hundreds and hundreds of hours and call it a test. 😂😂

As mentioned above I’ve got multiple OLED panels and have probably 15,000 hours of use across all of them and NONE have experienced burn in.

Now am I just getting lucky or is the whole thing grossly blown out of proportion? Either way your chances of burn in on any modern OLED are virtually nil with normal use and that’s without the automatic pixel refresh that they all do now. They also dim the static logos that TV programs love to use.

What these testers do isn’t normal use.

Reactions: boju