Question Replacing a burnt out capacitor on GTX 970

Mar 19, 2019
So, I have a basic amount of experience with soldering and I wanted to attempt to repair my dead gpu. From what I can tell only one capacitor is burnt out (C92 on the board) and the pcb around the cap is a bit melted. My first question is; is this even worth trying to repair, is the pcb already too damaged? Will this possibly damage the rest of my computer? If a repair is feasible, I also needed some help identifying the exact capacitor. I've narrowed it down to an Man Yue X-con cap. I believe it's also an ULR series as well, with a voltage of 2.5 and a capacitance of 820 uF, however I can't figure out anything past that. The exact printing on the cap from top to bottom is: ULR, 2.5 V, 820, D with an underscored Z. Any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

-Chris

NoMercyBeAst

Reputable
Oct 18, 2017
So, I have a basic amount of experience with soldering and I wanted to attempt to repair my dead gpu. From what I can tell only one capacitor is burnt out (C92 on the board) and the pcb around the cap is a bit melted. My first question is; is this even worth trying to repair, is the pcb already too damaged? Will this possibly damage the rest of my computer? If a repair is feasible, I also needed some help identifying the exact capacitor. I've narrowed it down to an Man Yue X-con cap. I believe it's also an ULR series as well, with a voltage of 2.5 and a capacitance of 820 uF, however I can't figure out anything past that. The exact printing on the cap from top to bottom is: ULR, 2.5 V, 820, D with an underscored Z. Any answers would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance.

-Chris
I would recommend you to take it to a repairing center rather than trying it yourself.
There r always some chances that you mess up and damage it more.

TRENDING THREADS