Replacing a Dell case/CPU fan

Hi, I am looking to replace the case/CPU fan on my Dimension 4550. The
current fan is noisy and I'm looking to replace it with a better fan,
both in terms of its ability to NOT produce rattling and humming
sounds, and in its ability to cool. Here is the information as
displayed on the back of the fan:

JMC/Datech
9232-12HBTL-2
DC 12V 0.85A
02.08.22 (printed in black letters, maybe added by Dell)
DC Brushless Fan
P/N 9M060
E186583
Made in Taiwan

Take notice of the second line. The 9232 is the measurements of the
fan, and 12HBTL is the model #. haven't figured out what the 2 on the
end is yet. Not look at the third line. I'm not sure whether it is
supposed to be "0 85A" (with a space) or "0.85A" (with a period). I'm
assuming it's a period.

Anyway, by googling 12HBTL I found these two sites. The first is the
actual fan, an 80x80 version (I have 92mm). The second link is a
message board post relating to this topic and is how I found this
group.

http://www.directron.com/062012hbtl.html

http://www.computer-chat.com/homebuilt/Replace_Noisy_Case_Fan_in_a_Dell_Dimension_4300_PC_297214.html

Now here's some links to two fans I have my eyes on. Both look
superior to this fan and are excellent choices according to reviews.

http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProductDesc.asp?description=35-118-204&depa=0

http://www.case-mod.com/store/product_info.php?products_id=640

So, does anyone have any comments on any of this? I would like to be
able to control the speed of the new fan with an Enermax Thermal
Monitor I'm getting for my unused 3.5" bay. Is this possible with
Dell's mobo configuration? If not, is there a way I can fool the mobo?
Thanks for all help.

Some nice detective work, specifically with regard to the Datech you located
at Directron.

All of this is moot, however, if the Dell BIOS/mb pinouts don't recognize
the new fan as being present (by RPMs, I've read. The white lead of the
red,black, and white wires). You'll be presented with a "CPU0 fan failure"
or "previous fan failure" error message pre-POST on every boot.

I'm sure someone has found a way to cure this, but I've not seen it out of
the hundreds of fan threads I've read over the years.

Good luck.

Stew