Question Replacing a motherboard

NelleSRB

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
Hi all, I damaged my socket pins when I tried to insert CPU the wrong way and now I need to replace it.
The thing is, I only need to replace mobo so I was wondering can I just buy new one and put all the other parts I already have or I need to buy something else as well.
I never built PC on my own but rather buy completed one, but I know how to detach parts when cleaning the case and add them back.

NelleSRB

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
its Intel CPU so it has pins on motherboard, not CPU itself and they are too small to even see unless you use microscope.

CPU is fine, I have issues regarding mobo

I was wondering can I just buy new one and put all the other parts I already have or I need to buy something else as well.
Yes, obviously.
If only motherboard is damaged, then replace damaged part and you're good to go.
Replace the motherboard with same model one.
If you can't get exactly same model, then look for same chipset, same form factor model.

Take precautions, when handling sensitive electronics, to avoid ESD damage.

Hi all, I damaged my socket pins when I tried to insert CPU the wrong way and now I need to replace it.
The thing is, I only need to replace mobo so I was wondering can I just buy new one and put all the other parts I already have or I need to buy something else as well.
I never built PC on my own but rather buy completed one, but I know how to detach parts when cleaning the case and add them back.
What motherboard/CPU do you have?

If older it could easily be out of production and you'll be looking at new/old stock or worse, used. So while it's possible to buy a new motherboard it might be a bad idea if cost is disproportionately high for the performance level or 'sketch' as to the hardware you get.

NelleSRB

Honorable
Sep 11, 2015
What motherboard/CPU do you have?

If older it could easily be out of production and you'll be looking at new/old stock or worse, used. So while it's possible to buy a new motherboard it might be a bad idea if cost is disproportionately high for the performance level or 'sketch' as to the hardware you get.
Yes its old, LENOVO IS8XM motherboard with LGA1150 socket and Intel Core i5 4570 CPU. There are still new motherboards with LGA 1150 sockets