Replacing Builtin Video

rilong51

Commendable
May 10, 2016
I have a mainboard of a MSI 2AE0 that have with built in AMD Radeon HD 7560D. I want to replace the built in video with an external EVGA GeForce GT 610 2GB DDR3, DVI, Mini HDMI, Graphics Card. If I just try to swap it out the computer won't boot. What do I need to do to disable the built in AMD Radeon HD 7560D and enable the EVGA GeForce GT 610 2GB DDR3, DVI, Mini HDMI, Graphics Card. Any help would be appreciated.

Solution
This, to me, sounds like driver issues. When you say it doesn't boot does it continuously turn on and off? Does the pc run just nothing shows on the monitor? There are a lot of symptoms that come with 'not booting'.

I checked your motherboard from the model you gave and it shows video outputs on the board itself.

I want to preface this by saying i have never replaced or installed a graphics card, but this is worth looking into if i were in your position.

First you might want to make sure your CPU has built in graphics. If it does, then you might want to uninstall the drivers for the Radeon HD 7560D and enable your integrated graphics in the BIOS. Reboot to make sure it boots. After that swap the card out and boot it up and install...

Stycks32

Reputable
Jan 5, 2016
This, to me, sounds like driver issues. When you say it doesn't boot does it continuously turn on and off? Does the pc run just nothing shows on the monitor? There are a lot of symptoms that come with 'not booting'.

I checked your motherboard from the model you gave and it shows video outputs on the board itself.

I want to preface this by saying i have never replaced or installed a graphics card, but this is worth looking into if i were in your position.

First you might want to make sure your CPU has built in graphics. If it does, then you might want to uninstall the drivers for the Radeon HD 7560D and enable your integrated graphics in the BIOS. Reboot to make sure it boots. After that swap the card out and boot it up and install the latest drivers for the card. Make sure your using the correct video ports as well. If the drivers for your new graphics cards aren't installed yet you may have to use the video ports on your motherboard rather than the graphics card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS