[SOLVED] replacing burde cpu

Dec 20, 2020
yo people so i got this relly old pc with an intel core2 duo. thing got burned coz my fan stoped workin. is is possible to replace it with a AMD PHENOM II AM3 CPU? i got 1 from another pc. any ideas?

ps if annyone got ideas for a pc that got struck by lightning n the mobo n ps r gone?

Solution
No those CPUs use different sockets and motherboard chipsets. You need to lookup the motherboard and find the list of compatible CPU’s and what BIOS needs to be installed. I have never seen a cpu die, there is protection built in from overheating. I’d be surprised if the cpu itself is dead.

As for a pc that’s been hit by lightning, you have to test every part in another pc. This happened to a mates brother s as no I think for him his motherboard, PSU, every connected USB device and surge protector was dead.
No those CPUs use different sockets and motherboard chipsets. You need to lookup the motherboard and find the list of compatible CPU’s and what BIOS needs to be installed. I have never seen a cpu die, there is protection built in from overheating. I’d be surprised if the cpu itself is dead.

As for a pc that’s been hit by lightning, you have to test every part in another pc. This happened to a mates brother s as no I think for him his motherboard, PSU, every connected USB device and surge protector was dead.

Solution
Dec 20, 2020

yo thkans. u said that the cpu is protected. what could be the problem then?

Dec 20, 2020
What exactly is it doing? When did it start happening?
its been bout 2 moths now. the fan stoped working n it was just shutting down randomly
then i canged the fan but still it notworking. the guy who cheked it up siad it cpu thats burned.
if i switch it on now it gose to the first loding screen, the 1 with a red triangle n is says amercan somting. sometimes itll make it to the windows loding screen

its been bout 2 moths now. the fan stoped working n it was just shutting down randomly
then i canged the fan but still it notworking. the guy who cheked it up siad it cpu thats burned.
if i switch it on now it gose to the first loding screen, the 1 with a red triangle n is says amercan somting. sometimes itll make it to the windows loding screen
It seems to be BIOS problem, try resetting CMOS.