[SOLVED] Replacing Case Fans For NZXT Phantom Full Tower

IInferno

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
Hi,

I am looking at replacing the case fans for my NZXT Phantom Enthusiast Full Tower. It currently has the stock 200mm x1 and 3x 120mm fans from when I bought it back in 2012.
I recently upgraded my gfx card to the Powercolor RX5600XT Red Dragon and post global crisis will upgrade my cpu and motherboard to a Ryzen 3600/B450 combo. In the meantime I am looking at replacing the fans in the case to reduce noise and keep a good airflow. RGB is not needed as it is sitting in my bedroom and is sometimes on overnight. Recommendations for fans and layout would be appreciated. If possible not going too high with cost and from UK sellers.

Thanks.

Solution
That case has weird fan layout. Think of the airflow path and work out your options.

Best fans are noctua. Theyll last forever and are very quiet for the air they move. For intake its best to go with high static pressure models. Expensive but you get what you pay for. Buy once, and avoid landfill with cheap crap.

fredfinks

Honorable
That case has weird fan layout. Think of the airflow path and work out your options.

Best fans are noctua. Theyll last forever and are very quiet for the air they move. For intake its best to go with high static pressure models. Expensive but you get what you pay for. Buy once, and avoid landfill with cheap crap.

Reactions: retroforlife
Solution

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
Also in my my opinion it's good to have the case fans constant for regular airflow to remove heat build up and keeping all components cool with them at a fixed speed you won't notice them ramping up as well

retroforlife

Reputable
Apr 19, 2017
120mm Noctua NF-F12 PWM chromax radiator or heatsink fan and 120mm Noctua NF-S12A PWM chromax is case fan high airflow less direct pressure

if you dont care there gray hehe

the NF-P14s is for rad / heat sink and NF-S12Bs is case air flow etc

Last edited:

TRENDING THREADS