adrianxw

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
Early this year I replaced my MoBo with an ASUS P4P800S-E Deluxe. At the same time, I swapped the RAM from 256M 333MHz to 1G 400MHz even though my current CPU can't use it, (P-IV 2.53GHz with 533MHz fsb).

I now have bought a 3.2GHz P-IV HyperThreading 800MHz fsb processor.

Can I just swap the chips and let the board auto setup everything, (it detected and set up the current processor without incident), or is there somehting else I should do?

Med venlig hilsen,
adrianxw

slvr_phoenix

Splendid
Dec 31, 2007
It should go that smoothly. If not then manually set the FSB and vcore in BIOS. Or if not then flash the BIOS and try again.

<pre> :eek: <font color=purple>I express to you a hex value 84 with my ten binary 'digits'. :eek: </font color=purple></pre><p>@ 185K -> 200,000 miles or bust!

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Heh, with Asus you don't even know if the VRM can supply enough current to run a Scotty of that speed.

<font color=blue>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to a hero as big as Crashman!</font color=blue>
<font color=red>Only a place as big as the internet could be home to an ego as large as Crashman's!</font color=red>

endyen

Splendid
Have you seenb the vrms they are using now? The mosfets must be made on 90 nano tech they are so small. They also stay a lot cooler. On my K8N-E Deluxe board, they seldom hit 35c. That's got to help with voltage stability.

adrianxw

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2003
When I chose the P4P800S-E I did so because it said...

>>>
The ASUS P4P800S-E Deluxe, based on the Intel 848P chipset, supports Intel's Hyper-Threading Technology and next-generation Prescott CPU.
<<<

... on the ASUS website, which implied to me that it would take a Prescott at that speed. I would have preferred a Northwood, but could not find one on eBay or QXL, and shop prices here are just ridiculous.

Med venlig hilsen,
adrianxw