[SOLVED] Replacing dead 745 with 750Ti - 350W PSU 16A?

Nov 13, 2019
Hi,

I was gifted a used PC (Medion akoya e2215D) 2 years ago with the specs:
GPU: GeForce GTX 745 OEM
CPU: Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Motherboard : H81H3-EM2
PSU: FSP350-40EMDN 350W
Image: https://ibb.co/DpWNysJ
-DC OUTPUT:
+12v1 16.0A
+12v2 16.0A
+5Vsb 2.5A
-12V 0.3 A
I was pretty happy with it since all I do on it is play League of Legends, stream league and edit montages. Game was above 100fps and I had no issues streaming on YT/Twitch 720p @ 60fps. My fps in game wouldnt drop bellow 80. It was so perfect for me.(For those who don't believe that rig can do it here's a preview of the stream -
View: https://youtu.be/zXfpbmhSoy4
)

The issue is after a year and half or so when I started my pc it said "HDMI 1 Power Saving Mode" the pc would turn on but the screen was black with the message. I tried a friends pc and it was the same message so I was sure it died... It legit stung my heart ngl. So im using IntelHD so far

There is a guy that is willing to sell me his old GTX 750 Ti 2GB (GV-N75TOC-2GI) which would be perfect, but the problem is, will my PSU be enough? And will it fit?. Cpuboss says the 750ti is one of the supported GPUs for the motherboard but its GDDR5 and my 745oem was DDR3?. I have no clue about this stuff so try not to mock me much please

I'll appreciate any help.

Solution
GPU ram type doesn't does matter, with regards to compatibility. It should fit, in your system. The 750ti was made for systems like yours, so you should be fine, even with the stock PSU. I would recommend getting a matching stick of ram, for dual channel.

The 750ti isn't fast enough that is going to have issues with that CPU.
If I am looking at the right model, then yes, it should fit. And if the psu manufacturer isn't lying with its 12v rail amps(fsp should be fine), then it should be able to handle a 750ti.
TBH, the 750ti is a lot faster then a 745, so I'm more worried that your pc may start stuttering hard

There are a lot of fake gtx 750ti's going around, so do be sure it's a real one.

logainofhades

Titan
GPU ram type doesn't does matter, with regards to compatibility. It should fit, in your system. The 750ti was made for systems like yours, so you should be fine, even with the stock PSU. I would recommend getting a matching stick of ram, for dual channel.

Reactions: oniisamaa
Solution
Nov 13, 2019
If I am looking at the right model, then yes, it should fit. And if the psu manufacturer isn't lying with its 12v rail amps(fsp should be fine), then it should be able to handle a 750ti.
TBH, the 750ti is a lot faster then a 745, so I'm more worried that your pc may start stuttering hard

There are a lot of fake gtx 750ti's going around, so do be sure it's a real one.

What could prevent the stutter? Faster and more ram?

Nov 13, 2019

So the cpu wont handle it or it may lag etc?