[SOLVED] Replacing dual band antenna with 2 separate ones

Limetka

Reputable
Apr 4, 2015
Hello!

Im looking into buying 2 short antennas to plug into my board (Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming) with (intel dual band wireless-ac 3165) internal network card
(because I dont have the original gigabyte one), but after a short reseach, it looks like there's alot more to consider.
So I found out this card has 2 antenna outputs, one for wifi one for bluetooth I believe.
So the big question is can bluetooth use 5ghz antenna? wifi can definetly push 5ghz and my router aswel.
Will the 5ghz antennas work on 2.4ghz networks aswel tho?
And the last one, is there any way to determine which output is BT and which is Wifi if I buy them?

Thank you and Happy Holidays!

Solution
The optimum antenna length is a multiple of the wave length. The wave size is so small on microwave frequencies that they have trouble manufacturing something as precise as a exact multiple of the frequency.

In addition the 5g frequencies are almost 2 times the 2.4g so more or less they are compatible. Is a far different story for ham radio operators where the radio frequencies are in meters.
The optimum antenna length is a multiple of the wave length. The wave size is so small on microwave frequencies that they have trouble manufacturing something as precise as a exact multiple of the frequency.

In addition the 5g frequencies are almost 2 times the 2.4g so more or less they are compatible. Is a far different story for ham radio operators where the radio frequencies are in meters.

Solution