Replacing FSMO domain controller, W2K

blah

I need to replace my domain controller server (the hardware). I've got a
new server.

I'm looking for pointers on what white papers and KB articles I need to
reference in order to move all DC functions, including the FSMO roles, from
my existing FSMO DC to the new one, and how I'd possibly have the new
machine keep the same name. I'll also be moving AD, DNS, WINS, and DHCP.

http://www.ultratech-llc.com/KB/

They have a lot of info. Read it all

On Wed, 12 May 2004 11:00:02 -0500, "blah" <blah@blah.org> wrote:

>I need to replace my domain controller server (the hardware). I've got a
>new server.
>
>I'm looking for pointers on what white papers and KB articles I need to
>reference in order to move all DC functions, including the FSMO roles, from
>my existing FSMO DC to the new one, and how I'd possibly have the new
>machine keep the same name. I'll also be moving AD, DNS, WINS, and DHCP.

The easiest way is to use http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=249694

Else, see http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=223787 and

tip 2728 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsiinc.com

Jerold Schulman