Replacing fuser lamp in HP laserjet 4 plus

Hi,

I'm getting an error 50 on my HP Laserjet 4 plus. Tried switching it
off etc but it's permanent. I gather that means its could be the fuser
and the most likely component to have failed is the lamp. I have a
working fuser from a HP Laserjet, but that is a slightly different
unit and won't fit the plus. How do I disassemble the fusers to try
swithcing the lamps?

Thanks,

Tonkski.

On Fri, 15 Oct 2004 13:42:12 UTC, tonkski@hotmail.com (tonkski) wrote:

> I'm getting an error 50 on my HP Laserjet 4 plus. Tried switching it
> off etc but it's permanent. I gather that means its could be the fuser
> and the most likely component to have failed is the lamp. I have a
> working fuser from a HP Laserjet, but that is a slightly different
> unit and won't fit the plus. How do I disassemble the fusers to try
> swithcing the lamps?

The lamp from the 4 or 4M will fit the 4+ or the 4M+.

The fuser is held together by a number of plastic tabs (about seven, I
think dotted all round the black plastic cover. Use a flat bladed
screwdriver in the various slots to press them back and gradually ease
the cover off from one end.

On no account touch the lamp glass; if you do, clean it with alcohol.

--
Bob Eager
begin a new life...dump Windows!

tonkski <tonkski@hotmail.com> a écrit dans le
message :
79ea2ef0.0410150542.331b4c33@posting.google.com...
> Hi,
>
> I'm getting an error 50 on my HP Laserjet 4
plus. Tried switching it
> off etc but it's permanent. I gather that means
its could be the fuser
> and the most likely component to have failed is
the lamp. I have a
> working fuser from a HP Laserjet, but that is a
slightly different
> unit and won't fit the plus. How do I
disassemble the fusers to try
> swithcing the lamps?